Edmonton lies in cane country between the Davies Creek and Grey Peaks National Parks. Located approximately 10 minutes from Cairns CBD. It is an established area, with a large population of approximately 11,000 residents. Edmonton has a mixture of land uses and activities, including residential, commercial, and recreational. The area has a number of recreation areas, sports grounds and shopping precincts. The suburb has pockets of very high quality housing combined with lower-income accommodation.
• Community Centre
• A range of recreational and sporting Facilities, including Sugar world Gardens and Fun Park, Edmonton Bowls Club, Fuller Park, Ravizza Park, Pregno Park and Down Park Community Hall.
• Number of medical practitioners in Edmonton including a pathology lab
• IGA supermarket in Edmonton as well as a number of specialty stores and hotels.
• Community kindergarten and a number of ABC Learning Centres and other child care providers.
• Three primary schools, including a Catholic primary school.
• Public Transport