Bentley Park is one of the largest suburbs on the southside. With a current population of approximately 7,420 consisting of mainly young families the suburb is continually evolving. Bentley Park is approximately 9km south of the Cairns CBD. Facilities in this suburb include:
• Queensland Healthy Facility
• Number of parks
• Souths Cairns Sports Club, that includes Sirens restaurant, fully licenced bar, indoor and outdoor pay equipment and the AFL/Cricket ground.
• Bentley Park Shopping Village, including a grocery store, News agency, Department of Transport, Chemist, Gym and other shops.
• Several Early Education Centres
• Bentley Park College, Prep to Year 12 State College that is comprised of two sectors.
• Public Transport