White Rock is a large suburb to the south of Cairns City. The suburb is segregated into a number of areas, including a public housing area, the Forest Gardens area, and the low-lying open space area, which was a refuse tip. White Rock is about 17mins drive south of Cairns CBD.
• There are only a few facilities in White Rock including Bak Park. The nearest public swimming pool is at Trinity Anglican School in the suburb, which is open after hours.
• There are no medical services in White Rock but the adjacent suburbs of Bentley Park, Bayview Heights and Woree offer medical, dental and pathology services.
• There are several convenience stores in the suburb. The nearby suburbs of Woree, Bentley Park and Mount Sheridan offer general shops.
• There is a kindergarten and child care centre in White Rock, & Trinity Anglican School has its major campus in the suburb. The adjacent suburbs of Woree and Bentley Park offer several schooling options including state colleges (Prep-12) and a Catholic college.
• Sunbus provides a public transport service to the area and taxis are available.