Woree is a large suburb that is divided in its land uses. One part of the suburb that is low lying and close to the coast is focused on industrial uses, while the area further inland is predominantly commercial and residential in nature. Woree is about 12 mins drive south of Cairns CBD. Woree was positioned near the Cairns Jockey Club's Cannon Park racecourse, so-named because the site was leased from John Cannon, farmer and landholder.
• Woree has a number of local parks. Calana Park is a district level sports facility in the area and Pezutti Park is a community facility with a hall and clubhouse. Woree has its own swimming complex. Woree has a community centre, a library and a bowling club. The lower-lying eastern part is mainly industrial.
• There are several medical outlets in the Woree area including dental and pathology services.
• There are a few convenience stores in Woree including takeaway food outlets.
• There is a child care centre and a kindergarten in Woree, along with a state high school & primary school.
• Sunbus and taxis both service this area. There is a train line that runs through the suburb but this is restricted to goods trains and intrastate trains and there is no station.