Westcourt is an established inner-city suburb of Cairns, adjacent to Parramatta Park and Bungalow. The main land uses, and activities are commercial and residential in nature. Westcourt is about 7mins drive east of Cairns CBD.
• Westcourt has a few community facilities and services, including local level parks, the Cairns Cricket Ground, retirement villages and the fire station.
• There are no medical facilities in Westcourt, but the nearby suburbs of Manunda & Cairns North.
• There are several convenience shops in Westcourt including petrol stations. Westcourt is also home to the Direct Factory Outlet (DFO) shopping centre which includes a major grocery outlet and takeaway food outlets.
• There are a number of child care centres in Westcourt, but no schools. Trinity Bay High School is about 4mins drive away in Manunda. There is a primary school in Parramatta Park, about 3mins drive east.
• Sunbus provides a public transport service to the area and taxis are available.