Whitfield is an established inner city suburb adjacent to Edge Hill. Much of the area is not suitable for development, including Mt Whitfield, which is a national park. Whitfield is considered to be one of the better suburbs of Cairns. Whitfield is about 16mins drive north-west of Cairns CBD.
• Whitfield has a number of local level parks and a bowls club. It also has good access to services and facilities in adjacent areas, particularly Edge Hill and Manunda.
• There are a number of general practitioners in Whitfield and the adjacent suburb of Edge Hill.
• There is a small convenience shopping hub in Whitfield and a number of takeaway food outlets.
• There is no child care available in Whitfield but the adjacent suburbs of Edge Hill, Brinsmead and Mununda have a number of child care centres.
• Whitfield has a state primary school and the adjacent suburb of Manunda has a state high school, about 8mins drive east.
• Sunbus provides a public transport service to the area and taxis are available.