Redlynch is an outer western suburb of Cairns that is growing rapidly. It stretches behind Freshwater and Bayview Heights, adjoining the Barron Gorge and Lamb Range. It is characterised by separate houses on larger blocks, and some remaining rural activities. There are a large number of housing developments in Redlynch designed for first-homebuyers. Redlynch is about 22mins drive north-west of Cairns CBD.
• Local level recreation facilities including an Equestrian Reserve and the Redlynch Village, as well as a community hall and a skate park in the suburb.
• There is a medical clinic in Redlynch and a number of general practitioners.
• Redlynch has a shopping centre that features Coles, Woolworths, Liquorland & Coffee Club, along with various speciality shops & takeaway food outlets.
• There are three childcare facilities to choose from in Redlynch. These include Redlynch Day-care Centre, Redlynch Premium Childcare & Redlynch Kindergarten
• St Andrew’s Catholic College (Prep-12) is currently developing a district level sports facility that will eventually have an Olympic swimming pool, a mountain bike track and other sports grounds. There is also a state primary school & high school.
• Sunbus services this area and taxis are available.